Are you a robot zombie? Does your job-situation match any/all of the following sixteen robot-characteristics outlines by Kathy Sierra?
- You don’t challenge the status quo.
- You don’t ask those uncomfortable questions.
- You are 100% obedient.
- You don’t need “personal” days…
- Because you don’t have a personal life.
- You never make the boss look bad, stupid, incompetent, clueless, etc – even when you think / know they are.
- You dress and talk the way they want you to look. The company logo is on EVERY piece of clothing.
- You have no strongly-held opinions.
- You have no passion, thus have nothing to fight for.
- You are always willing to do whatever it takes.
- You are the ultimate team player, but prefer autonomy.
- You don’t complain when the boss “micromanage‘s“.
- You don’t care what the work s/pace is like, and don’t complain if you don’t have the equipment you need.
- You never threaten anyone’s job/position/authority.
- You have been made a scapegoat more than once – and accepted it without question.
- You get on well with fellow zombies, even seeking them out.
Then this is MY advice:
- It’s time for you to jump ship, take that leap, and get the hell out of there.
- Unless of course you have tenure, permanency, and only a few more years till retirement.
- Then you have to find something, anything that will give you a new lease on life.
- For the love of humanity, insanity & better money – GET OUTA’ THERE MAN! Now!
Like it, loathe it, love it? Leave a message.