Included in the article are a dozen quotes that I absolutely agree with. I also try my hardest to live by them. Here are those that most appeal to me and the life I like to live, shortened to just one sentence from the full quote:
- You can and will be surprised by how much support you’ll find in your personal circle – business colleagues, industry acquaintances and, of course, friends and family.
- The opportunities that appear along the way are usually a function of who you know.
- When you have passion, conviction and determination, you can bounce back off the mat.
- Don’t make assumptions about people.
- You don’t have to imagine your future in detail to create it.
- You may end up somewhere you didn’t plan, but that is usually okay.
- Friends keep you honest: They know you; they love you; they support you; they pick you up when you’re discouraged; and they keep your ego in check.
- Part of [sic] ANY learning is realising that you are not always going to make the right decisions.
- Don’t take yourself or your learning moments so seriously that you can’t have a good chuckle. Life is too short.
If there is only one thing I’ve ever learned from communicating with people who don’t like to read signs, simple sentences gets more responses. That, and skewing the picture-frame so that people are compelled to straighten it up.