I bought a blender for Xmas.
Not for anyone else. I wanted it – to eat healthier breakfasts and lunches. I am now eating far better because of what I can do with it. Prior to purchase, I would have bland cereal and diluted cows milk followed by a rough-as-guts branded coffee.
But now, oh wow!
This pre-xmas morning I blended a few fruits found in the kitchen fridge – and got this delightful concoction:
- 2 x Apples. Always a good starter fruit for a smoothie. I much prefer banana, but they were not available today
- 6 x Goji berries . Aha, not a handful or third of a cup – just 6 berries.
- 1 x Kiwi. I am sure this gives the final result both a bitter and sweet taste.
- Liberal dash of Orange Juice. I’d really like to have our own orange tree. But even if I planted it today, it’d be another year. For now we buy 2-litre’s of OJ a week.
- Liberal dash of Rain Water. We have two large tanks filled from rain-showers and some condensation on the roof. So we have refrigerated filtered water available all the time!
As you can see, it fills a glass tankard – and that is enough.
I discovered it’s important to wait an hour before having a coffee – or it all will all go straight through you!
I also advise getting some exercise between smoothie and coffee, maybe a walk to the local coffee house or hardware store, or a few rounds on the punching bag. Which reminds me: I gotta buy a punching bag for myself for Xmas.
PS: This may seem like a new new category on this blog, but I have done this before! I am restarting this category to remind myself and to share with you.