Trawling through my archives for stuff to post (because I have a LOT of pre-written articles waiting for their moment) found this list below. I don’t think I wrote it, but I am real glad I saved it.
After a recent tragedy (~someone I had the good fortune to meet several times, and talk with more than a dozen times, took his own life), reading this list again helped me put the whole world into a new perspective. I hope it will do the same for you.
- As Long As You Are Alive Anything Is Possible. There is only one valid excuse to give up, and that can wait!
- Be Realistic. Everything takes time to learn and you will make mistakes. Learn from them.
- You Are Strong. You are stronger than you think. One little setback is not enough to stop you from achieving your goals.
- Prove Yourself. You CAN and WILL achieve what you set out to do. The only time you fail is when you give up.
- Has It Been Done Before? If someone else can do it then so can you.
- Believe In Your Dreams. Don’t let anyone destroy your dreams.
- Your Family and Friends. Let the people you love and who mean the world to you be your inspiration to persist and persevere.
- Because I Tell You To. If you want to give up then don’t. Just because I’m telling you not to.
- There Are People Worse-Off. Right now many people are in a worse situation and environment than you are right now.
- Improve Our World. When you achieve whatever you set out to achieve you can use your success to make a difference to the world or other peoples lives.
- Get Rich or Die Trying. Face your fears and don’t take the easy way out by giving up.
- Let The Haters Hate. There will always be haters. Do not pay attention to them and don’t take what they say to heart.
- You Deserve To Be Happy. Don’t ever let anybody tell you otherwise.
- Inspire Others. Be an inspiration to others by refusing to give up.
- You Are So Close. Often when you feel like you want to give up and you are about to give up ~~ you are so close to making a huge break-through!
The trick now is not take the world too seriously, and to not worry so much about what is and is not.
My favourite saying at the moment is “It is what it is.” Some things just ain’t gonna change. What I mean to say is that I ain’t telling anyone how to live their life. I’m just putting this out there. The list is as much for me as it is for anybody else. Take out of it what you will. It is what it is.
Like it, loathe it, love it? Leave a message.