I found these five very-important and effective tips for a healthier social network:
1. Choose your friends carefully.
2. Choose which of your existing friends you spend the most time with.
For example, hang out with people who are upbeat, or avoid couch potatoes.
3. Join a club whose members you would like to emulate
… and socialise with them.
4. If you are with people whose emotional state or behaviors you could do without …
… Try to avoid the natural inclination to mimic their facial expressions and postures.
5. Be aware at all times of your susceptibility to social influence …
… and remember that being a social animal is mostly a good thing.