Need to take a break from the monotony of self isolation ? I do.
I’ve put together ten interesting things-to-do instead of waiting. Some might help you cope all day whilst waiting for the NEGATIVE-report to arrive. They will either give you a few seconds of laughter, an hour of creativity, or a long-term change for the better:
- Run up and down stairs.
- Fill a carafe with water and ice-cubes, and chug it down like a beer.
- Do some jumping jacks, sit-ups and pushups in front of the cat. This guy suggests this simple routine:
- 20 Bodyweight squats.
- 10 Push-ups.
- 10 Walking lunges (each leg).
- 10 Dumbbell rows (use a milk jug or other weight).
- 15 Second Plank.
- 30 Jumping jacks.
If that’s too much, watch other people doing it for you.
- Doodle on your window with a dry-erase marker. Got kids? Let them join in.
- Create art with dry noodles . I’d rather use coffee beans.
- Create a collage from the ads in kitchen renovation magazine.
- Close your office door and try to river-dance.
- Read a random chapter from the self-help book on your desk.
- If none of that appeals, just take a sunshine break.
I have achieved four in the last three days. You?