I made a SILLY mistake: I cancelled my radio show earlier tonight because of this voice message I received in the middle of the second song.
PLEASE NOTE #1: This is an AMENDED transcription of an English voice who translated a Spanish voice message. The rest has been deleted as it has been proven to be a SCARE TACTIC by whomever originally wrote it.
PLEASE NOTE #2: I have DELETED some of the suggestions that were clearly designed to scare. The remaining actually make sense on their own.
“The Chinese now understand behavior of the Covid-19 virus thanks to autopsies that they have carried out. This virus is characterized by obstructed respiratory pathways with thick mucus that solidifies and blocks the airways and lungs. Their recommendations for what you can do to safeguard yourself are:
- Drink lots of HOT liquids – coffees, soups, teas, warm water.
- The virus attaches itself to hair and clothes. Any detergent or soap kills it, but you must take a bath or a shower when you get in from the street. Avoid sitting down anywhere and go straight to the bathroom or shower.
- Wash metallic surfaces very carefully because the virus can remain viable on these for up to 9 days.
- ** Don’t smoke **.
- Wash your hands using any soap that foams. Do this for 20 seconds, and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Try to avoid getting the common flu.
I found this quite disturbing and worrying, consequently overreacted when my anxiety shot through the roof. I am not blaming this friend, but oh my, perfect timing!
But why would I cancel my radio show over this?
Primarily because I haven’t felt well all day. But it’s not what you are thinking.
We had our rental-inspection mid last week, so today I had to more thoroughly cleanse our house, plus I have not been sleeping properly. I have had high anxiety from having to deal with multiple issues in my life, so my body hasn’t had adequate time to repair itself.
So I decided to keep my flu-like symptoms away from the station and focus on family and photography.
Instead of having my radio show, I spent my evening researching Covid-19 whilst enjoying a Corona beer! There are sites telling us not to panic so much, live updates, high risk complications, smarter people tracing the origins and mutations, plus the economic road to recovery, and importantly people who draw jokes that go viral – to help us smile – because it is said that smile can cure almost anything. Almost.
I am glad I took a break to write my first blog article in over a year.